May 16th, 2016 – Board Meeting Minutes

Download is available until [expire_date]
  • Version
  • Download 43
  • File Size 40.73 KB
  • File Count 1
  • Create Date May 16, 2016
  • Last Updated June 29, 2016

May 16th, 2016 - Board Meeting Minutes



AWHOA Board of Directors (BOD) Meeting Minutes

May 16, 2016


William Scism, President                            Patrick Gerdes, Vice President/Secretary                  William Mckinnon, Director

John Maloney, Sr., Director                       Tom Finkle, Director


  • The meeting was held on 16 May, 2016 at 5612 Farrel Way and began at 7:05
  • Quorum Confirmation: Board members present: Tom Finkle, William Scism, Patrick Gerdes, John Maloney Sr., William McKinnon was absent. A quorum was confirmed
    1. Introduction of guests: Barry and Barbara Peterson
  • Approval of minutes: The minutes from the February 24, 2016 meeting were approved. All directors had reviewed these minutes prior to meeting. The minutes were posted to the website
  • Financial Review: Schwartz reviewed the current Profit and Loss Statement, the Balance Sheet and the Budge, carefully providing details of each item. This will be available for review on the website.



  • Tom Finkle was acknowledged for his help in seeding the ponds and for the street cleanup.
  • Committee Reports
    1. Architectural Committee – Committee is up to date. Nothing to report at this time.
      1. Architectural requests are on the website for historical review
    2. Welcome Committee – Committee is up to date. Welcome packet has been added to the website.
  • It was suggested by an owner to build a boat and RV storage area.
    1. As of now the board has turned down that idea, due to insurance and safety concerns.
  • There was a discussion regarding property at 1112 Adrian Way –
    1. Currently there are several trailers and trash on the side and front of property
    2. There is a truck parked across from the house on another lot
    3. The tenant is currently repairing cars on the driveway
    4. It has been discussed that the tenant and owner needs to be notified of these violations, as several other home owners have complained.


  • Culvert Repair
    1. Received two quotes
      1. Brown Construction for $19,000
      2. Sunshine State for $11,000
    2. Motion was approved to have Sunshine State begin the repair.
  • Ditch Cleanup
    1. Sunshine Excavating entered a bid for $4,000 for annual cleanup.
      1. Motion was approved to allow Sunshine to do the cleanup.
      2. The board agreed we need to work together with Sunshine to ensure the ditches are cleaned up on a timely basis.
  • Lawn Contact
    1. Contract was awarded to Lenny Abishire for $800.
  • It was discussed the HOA manager contract is up in July 2016, but will be renewed and continue to be ongoing.
  • Discussion took place regarding the enforcement of garbage cans, trailers, mowing, edging, etc. It was agreed upon by the board these need to be enforced consistently throughout the subdivision.
    1. A motion was approved for the enforcement of these areas.

NEXT MEETING: The next meeting of the Board of Directors is scheduled for 6pm on July 13 at 5712 Farrel Way.

Bill Scism thanked the directors and the guests. The meeting adjourned at 7:40pm.


Respectfully Submitted,                                                                                                                                                Approved

Patrick Gerdes                                                                          William A. Scism

Patrick Gerdes, Vice President                                                                                                 William A. Scism, President